What do I need to do to participate?
- Make sure you are eligible:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be currently living in Brazil, Kenya, or Vietnam [just show the relevant one, based on which country page they are on]
- Must have a personal email address (not shared)
- Must have a personal phone number (not shared)
- Must have access to the internet (at home or elsewhere)
- Click on the “Take the Survey” button at the bottom of this page. This will take you to the survey website, where the URL starts with “https://duke.qualtrics.com/…”
- First, read the online consent form carefully. If you have any questions, please contact the study team to have them answered before continuing beyond this step.
- Then enter your contact information and answer a few quick questions about yourself. This information will be kept separate from any information you provide beyond this point. It will only be used if we need to:
- Contact you for further participation,
- Contact you for payment for your participation
- Finally, complete the survey. This should take about [1 - 1.5 hours] if done all at once, though it is possible to leave the survey and come back to it later. If you have any questions about the survey itself or any challenges you have while taking it, please refer to the Troubleshooting and FAQ pages on this website. Please note, you will not receive any payment for taking this survey.
- (Optional) If you are prompted to do so, near the end of the survey there is the option to fill out a Safety Plan for yourself. This is meant to help you prepare a plan for situations where you may be at risk for self-harm or suicide.
- In the future, we will be reaching out to some participants to ask them to recruit people they know to participate in this study. You will have the option to accept or decline this opportunity during the survey. If you accept, the study team will provide you with a referral code that you would pass along to people you know who may be eligible and interested in taking the survey. You would receive $1.50 for each eligible person you recruit to take the survey, and anyone you refer who completes the survey would receive $1.50 and the option to serve as a referrer as well.
Thank you for your consideration and interest in our research!